Legal Futures readers have been offered a 20% early bird discount to Managing Partner’s two day “Risk Management for Law Firms” conference on 6-7 December in London. To claim your discount book before 14October 2011 quoting booking code ‘LF20’.
Risk professionals have had a difficult task dealing with the challenges of the new outcomes focused regulation which was introduced this year but the work does not stop there. There are still questions to be answered: How will OFR work in practice? What is still expected of them? Who will take on the role of COLP?
This two-day conference will not only allow you to hear from your peers about how they are dealing with the changes being made to the legal sector but you will also be able to enter into an open discussion with representatives from the SRA and Law Society.
Outcomes focused regulation has been a key focus within risk but this event will also cover the big issues facing risk professionals. How do risk teams identify and dealing with fraud and dishonesty within their own firm? How do you anticipate the risks to your firm over the coming year?
Eight reasons why you must attend the UK’s leading legal risk conference:
- A first-hand account of how leading law firms including Taylor Wessing, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Allen & Overy have tackled the challenges in operating under the new outcomes-focused regulation
- Clarity from the SRA, Law Society and Legal Ombudsman as they share their expectations for OFR, ABS and the claim trends for the coming year
- Tools to benchmark your firm against leading law firms’ risk management strategies and ensure you stay out of trouble
- An understanding of the key changes and trends in claims over the past year and how these will affect your professional indemnity insurance renewal
- Insights into how other firms will tackle the impending nomination of the COLP
- Better understanding of professional legal privilege
- Learning opportunities to avoid the pointed end of regulation, with an overview of high-profile disciplinary matters and rogue partners
- A forum to consider all risks relating to outsourcing
For delegate and marketing enquiries please contact:
Nathan Denham, Marketing Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Visit conference website
Tel: +44 (0)20 7549 2535
Two-day conference only: £1,245 + VAT