Legal Futures readers have been offered a 20% discount to attend the conference, KM Legal 2011, which takes place in London on 11-12 May. Book before 25th February 2011 to claim your 20% early bird discount when you quote booking code “LF20”.
Contributions from many of the world’s leading law firms will give delegates to Managing Partner‘s 12th annual legal knowledge managers’ conference an unparalleled understanding of challenges on the horizon.
Speakers at KM Legal 2011 include experts from firms that include Allen & Overy LLP, White & Case LLP, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Herbert Smith LLP, Addleshaw Goddard LLP and Eversheds LLP.
With competition likely to intensify in a deregulated legal services market, the work of knowledge managers is increasingly critical to the success of law firms. KM Legal 2011 will provide practitioners with valuable insights into how to prepare for the future. It will equip them to deal with the arrival of new and streamlined market entrants, which are expected to take advantage of alternative business structures.
Knowledge managers will need to focus their resources as never before. The traditional added value services provided by KM departments are no longer enough to set your firm apart. A client-focused approach and technological innovation can give your firm that all-important competitive edge to ensure that your team stands out from the rest when pitching.
The programme for KM Legal 2011, written in consultation with the leading thinkers in the law firm KM space, has been designed to help you tackle these challenges at a fundamental and strategic level
One head of KM at a Magic Circle law firms says: “KM Legal stands out for me as the only annual conference that is designed for and by the broader legal KM community – you get a real sense of a community coming together to share ideas and issues in an open and practical way”
Features of KM Legal 2011 not to be missed include:
- The client panel. Your chance to ask in-house counsel from BT, The FA Group (the Football Association), Legal Services Lincolnshire, and the CEO of US legal social networking forum Legal OnRamp, what do your clients really want from you – is it a killer iPad app, for instance?;
- Legal IT guru Charles Christian’s futurology session on how technology can help you add value for your clients;
- Our guest speaker from the USA, the chief knowledge officer of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP as he questions whether 2011 could spell the end for professional support lawyers (PSL);
- White & Case LLP on the relationship between KM and efficiency, with a particular focus on alternative pricing arrangements;
- CMS Cameron McKenna LLP and Herbert Smith LLP talking, from their two very different perspectives, on sourcing. Bring your questions for a dedicated Q&A session;
- Mills & Reeve LLP’s client focused re-engineering and disaggregation case study; and
- Award winning speaker Nick Davies, of The Really Great Training Company, on how you as a knowledge manager or a PSL are critical to your business and actually control your own influence in the firm.
The two-day conference costs £1,245 + VAT.
For more information please visit the event website