Legal Futures readers have been offered a 20% discount to Managing Partners two day conference on “Compliance for law firms”. The conference, which will take place on 14-15 June in central London, will provide comprehensive and practical guidance on how to implement the sweeping regulatory and legislative changes happening in 2011. To claim your discount book by 13 May, quoting booking code ‘LF20’.
In the second half of 2011 Heads of Risk and Compliance face one of their most difficult challenges. The finalised version of the new SRA handbook will be published which means you will need to change your firm’s practices, introduce new monitoring systems and as it will affect the whole firm, implement training programmes for all staff.
This timely two-day conference will provide you with all the practical information you need, on how the new handbook will affect your firm and how you can put the processes and training in place to remain compliant.
- Hear the Chief Executive of The Law Society and the Head of Standards from the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) give their views on outcomes focused regulation (OFR)
- Understand how the COLP and COFA roles will work in practice and who you should appoint to them
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the practical applications of the new SRA Handbook (finalised in April/May 2011) on conflicts, quality and monitoring
- NEW! Benefit from an extended 70 minute worked examples session to determine when you will need to report a problem to the SRA and when you won’t
- NEW! Join a panel debate to discuss what personal financial information you can legitimately ask your partners to disclose
- NEW! Explore in-depth some desensitised examples of file reviews conducted across a range of law firms
- Discuss the interpretation and implementation of the Bribery Act and its implications for anti-money laundering and corruption
- Keep up with an ever-changing political situation in the Middle East to ensure an up-to-date international sanctions policy
- Create effective training programmes on updates such as OFR, the Bribery Act and social media governance using new delivery methods
“This event is essential for large and medium firms who want to know what their peer group are doing to prepare for outcomes focused regulation and the new SRA Handbook!”
Frank Maher, Partner, Legal Risk LLP
With so much change occurring in law firm compliance in 2011 and so much new content included in this year’s conference programme, it would be a mistake to miss out on this unique and timely opportunity to thrash out the practical issues with your peers and check that your firm is doing the right thing.
For delegate and marketing enquiries please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7549 2535
Two-day conference only: £1,245+VAT