Do you work in legal finance or legal management? If so, the Institute of Legal Finance & Management welcomes you to your natural home – and all for just £10 per month.
We are the leading professional association in the UK exclusively for practitioners working in finance and management within the legal sector. We are a not-for-profit educational institute and our members include:
- Legal cashiers
- Accounts managers
- Practice managers
- Finance directors
- Sole practitioners
- Accountants working in legal practices
- Finance directors
- Non-lawyer partners and managers
- Legal executives and similar professionals
- Members of accountancy professions
- Suppliers and consultants to the legal industry.
Since 1978 we have been dedicated to driving innovation, education and excellence throughout the legal sector for staff working in finance and management. We are committed to ensuring that client money and assets are protected and treated ethically: we achieve this through training and education to raise awareness and to advocate good business practice and high standards.
To become a member, you do not need any existing qualifications or be looking to study any of our professional qualifications. Many of our members simply value the year-round support the Institute gives them, while others are studying with AAT, CILEx, CIMA or for a degree course and are grateful for the down-to-earth, practical advice we offer.
The Institute has become the go-to resource for thousands of leading professionals, including those considering a new career in the legal sector. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of a growing community of legal finance professionals: membership is open to everyone who has a professional interest in legal accounting, management and compliance.
This is what membership brings you.
- Professional qualifications – We are a registered educational establishment and offers a clearly defined professional career path for those wishing to gain qualifications in legal finance and practice management.
- Legal Abacus – The journal for professionals in legal finance and management is the bi-monthly magazine for members of the ILFM.
- ILFMOnline – Regular online training. Presented live, offering you the chance to interact and pose questions to our experienced experts during the broadcast if you wish, or just sit back and watch.
- ILFMBespoke – bespoke training on any of the topics we cover. This can be delivered Online or In-House at your firm or any other location.
- Regular online industry updates.
- Legal finance guides, downloads and COFA resources.
- ILFMSupport – Online live chat or email, social media channels and closed and open groups online.
- Annual conference, regional focus groups and local branch meetings.
- Collaboration with other professional bodies and key stakeholders.
- Face-to-face forums with our chief executive.
- ILFMConnect – which links you to other members via a forum-style portal. Ask questions of and obtain answers from members, Institute experts and respected experts in legal finance.
- ILFMEngage – blogs, news and other social media which reach out to members, non-members and everyone working in and beyond the sector.
- ILFMAnswers – a library of all our resources, practice notes and answers to queries in a peer-reviewed knowledge base.
- Discounts on services and on lifestyle leisure goods.
“I 100% want to renew! I absolutely love the ILFM…
I just can’t believe that people aren’t jumping at the chance of being members! I’m a newbie and have been desperate to learn and glean as much information as possible and it’s always been the ILFM that comes up trumps. I think as an organisation you are a lot more approachable and responsive than others I’ve come across.
I love watching the Virtual Branch Meeting’s, Darren is a brilliant presenter, the course I am doing, Sarah has been so helpful, I’ve been on numerous training courses and all the trainers are excellent. The “question/answers” forum is a brilliant tool too”
Debbie Bates, Commissions Accountant, May 2020
Join us today:
Call: 020 8302 2867