Compliance Legal provide professional risk management solutions to law firms across England and Wales. We have helped new businesses with initial setups and obtained regulatory approval for traditional solicitor led models and commercially innovative licensed bodies.
As Law Society accredited Lexcel consultants, we also support firms with ongoing risk management advice, legal accreditations, business management and training. Our cost-effective service has resulted in a reduction in time clients spend on risk management and compliance.
Tony Kang is the Director of Compliance Legal and a qualified solicitor (non-practising) with over 10 years’ experience in professional regulation and risk management. Tony is an industry recognised expert in obtaining approval for sole practitioners, recognised bodies and alternative business structures.
Compliance Legal can provide support in the following areas:
- Project manage your business proposal from initial inception through to regulatory approval.
- We can be utilised as a valuable resource for your Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (‘COLP’). Our consultants will work alongside your risk management teams to ensure that the role is carried out to meet regulatory requirements. Your COLP will retain overall responsibility for the role, but we will undertake majority of the duties to ensure compliance with the SRA Standards and Regulations (‘STARs’).
- Draft or review your internal plans, policies and procedures so that these meet the relevant standards.
- Is your firm being investigated by the SRA? We can assist in providing timely responses to information requests.
- Is your firm seeking to obtain Lexcel accreditation? As Law Society accredited consultants, we can project manage your application and provide ongoing support and guidance.
- We can deliver bespoke training to staff in the areas of money laundering and the SRA STARs.
- Some of our ancillary services include carrying out fee earner files reviews and acting as independent investigators for client complaints.
How our services can benefit you:
- compliment what you do, not outsource
- share expert knowledge and help develop staff skills
- cost effective as your COLP can be free to earn fees
- extend your compliance headcount without fixed term commitment
- transfer knowledge and help up-skill existing staff
- save on recruiting compliance managers
- make your business more competitive in an ever-increasing legal services market
- working with a compliance consultancy can reduce your professional indemnity premiums
- on call 24 hours a day.
Why choose us?
- Our risk management consultants are industry recognised experts. Our Director has worked with the SRA for a number of years and is best placed to advise on current regulatory trends and developments.
- 100% success rate in delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- We pride ourselves in not only meeting, but exceeding client expectations.
- Our consultants will spend the majority of their time onsite with your firm. They will also be available out of hours to respond to any queries.
- Competitive fees that are in line with our skills and experience within the industry.
Ready to talk? We can be contacted on:
Phone: 0121 769 0799