Webinars by Practice Area
Understanding Local Authority Processes: Twin Tracking, Fostering and Adoption Procedures
Available from: 19/11/2021
This is a complex area of family law, and this webinar is relevant for practitioners acting for parents, extended family members, local authorities and children who may benefit from deepening their understanding of the various type of panels and procedures that are applicable. This webinar will address questions such as:
- Are you aware of when a child’s case needs go to the Agency Decision Maker (ADM) rather than the Adoption Panel?
- What paperwork needs to be provided to the ADM and what factors must it consider?
- How have the care planning regulations changed as a result of Covid and what about the position with unregulated placements?
There will be a consideration of the changes resulting from Covid, particularly to the statutory guidance, including:
- Parallel Planning – What is this?
- Understanding Panels and when a case needs to go to the ADM rather than to Panel?
- ‘Matching’ recommendations and decisions
- Fostering and assessments
- Care Planning Regulations – Understanding how these fit in with fostering
- Placement with parents – What needs to be covered?
- Placement with family members – How does temporary approval work? What if this is not met? What are the alternatives?
- Revocation of Placement Orders and Leave to Oppose adoption – Leading case law
- Local Authority processes and procedures – Fairness in the Leave to Oppose applications
- How the statutory duties have changed as result of Covid – Changes brought about by The Adoption and Children (Coronavirus) (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations 2021
- Effect of the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2021 – Hope do these operate?
- The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2021 – Impact of these regulations