Webinars by Practice Area
Trust Registration Service and 5AMLD
Available from: 10/02/2021
- The Trust Registration Service (TRS) was set up under 4AMLD to meet the requirements of the EU directive and keep terrorist financing and money laundering out of trust work. Since then we have 5AMLD and move into the new territory of having to register all trusts. This webinar will explain the new rules, which trusts will have to be registered and which will not and set out the timelines for registration
- Participants will:
- Be aware of which trusts are likely to require registration
- Have a timeline for when the registrations need to be done
- Have shared any available HMRC guidance
- The requirements of 5AMLD in relation to trusts
- The excluded trusts
- Which types of trust are likely to require registration?
- What is the timeline for registrations?
- Guidance from HMRC