Webinars by Practice Area
The new regime of fixed recoverable costs: how to make it work for you
Recorded on: 13/06/2023
On 26 May, the government laid The Civil Procedure (Amendment No. 2) Rules 2023. Coming into force on 1 October, these are the final, definitive rules governing the new regime of fixed recoverable costs, all 51 pages of them.
Lawyers finally know what they will be dealing with and there is a lot to absorb over the next four months. In this webinar, Professor Dominic Regan will evaluate the likely impact of the changes. He will in particular look at the harsh economics of litigation now that we have precise figures to work with:
- What matters are captured?
- How might a case worth up to £100,000 be excluded from fixed costs?
- How do you value a case which includes a non-financial element?
- What are the ways in which fixed costs can be enhanced?
- The clinical negligence dilemma.
- How are the fees of counsel addressed?
- Making ends meet from October.