Webinars by Practice Area
The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 – A Brave New World
Recorded on: 29/07/2020
The recently enacted Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 signals the most significant set of changes in the insolvency arena for a number of years. These will be taking place against a backdrop of huge economic uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this webinar Chairman of the Board of the Insolvency Service, Stephen Allinson, will examine the new law, analyse the changes and explain how they could impact on both businesses and those advising them in these challenging times.
The webinar will look at each of the headline changes from a practical point of view and explain how these could impact on many working in this arena. This webinar will be an invaluable tool for the busy practitioner expanding on an area of law that is potentially to become ever more relevant in the coming months.
What You Will Learn
- The insolvency moratorium and the monitor – what is the significance of this new rescue procedure?
- Restructuring Plans and Schemes of Arrangements –a mainstream or niche procedure?
- New protections for companies from supplier pressure- know your rights
- New wrongful trading provisions – a debtor’s charter or a sensible response?
- Statutory Demands and Winding Up procedures – new (temporary) approaches to debt problems introduced
- Any other reforms on the horizon?