Webinars by Practice Area
Tenant Default and Landlords’ Remedies: Practical Solutions In The Time Of Covid-19
Recorded on: 01/10/2020
The economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic has been far reaching – many tenants are unable to pay rents and perform their lease covenants and the Coronavirus Act 2020 and several sets of statutory regulations hamper a landlord’s ability to use its usual remedies. This session untangles the changes and restrictions and looks at practical solutions:
- Suspension of forfeiture: all breaches, or just rent?
- The need for speed:Gibb; Timbo
- Temporary relief:Freifeld; SHB v Cribbs
- Why CRAR and the pursuit of sub-tenants may no longer be a practical alternative
- What does the suspension of possession proceedings mean – in practice – and what remedies remain for a landlord?
- Insolvency: the changing rules on statutory demands and theDebenhams CVA on forfeiture
- A Covid Code – can it help?