Webinars by Practice Area
Ten Traps To Avoid In Leases
Recorded on: 27/10/2020
This webinar will highlight common problems encountered when dealing with both residential and commercial leases, including:
- What happens if I (inadvertently) grant a lease of premises that I have already let?
- What happens if I (inadvertently) grant an underlease for a term that is equal to, or longer than, my own lease?
- What happens if I extend the term or the demise of an existing lease by way of a deed of variation?
- Issues when granting an option to renew a lease
- What happens if a tenant assigns their lease to their own guarantor?
- What terms are implied in a lease where not expressly stated? (to include quiet enjoyment, derogation from grant, rights and reservations, forfeiture, repair, alterations, user, rent, VAT, rent review, notices)
- Registering leases on assignment and the boomerang lease
- Upwards only rent reviews and rent suspension
- Tenant break options and refund of rent etc. paid in advance
- What happens when the landlord covenants to insure only the demised premises in a multi-let building?