Webinars by Practice Area
Ten Tips and Traps When Acting for Developers Buying Land
Recorded on: 08/06/2021
Developers have different concerns when buying land compared with other land buyers. This webinar, for both residential and commercial property lawyers, looks at the main problems that may affect a developer when buying land and how to advise your developer client. The webinar will cover the following issues:
- Understanding your client – what is a developer looking for when buying land, how do they value land, what are their main concerns?
- Easements and rights affecting the land, especially rights of light – can they be dealt with?
- Are easements and rights needed for the development?
- Adverse possession issues
- Restrictive covenants – will they be a problem for the development?
- Contaminated land and site surveys – avoiding future issues
- Planning obligations and Community Infrastructure Levy – issues to avoid
- Roads and sewers – stopping up, adoption, ransom strips, etc.
- Conditional contracts, options and overage – the main traps
- Lessons from the cases