Webinars by Practice Area
Special Guardianship and Child Arrangement Orders – Developments and Core Principles
Recorded on: 09/09/2020
This webinar will provide an insight into the key developments surrounding this area of law, including up-to-date case law and statutory provisions. It will be relevant for practitioners acting for parents, extended family members, local authorities and children.
There will be particular consideration of the Public Law Working Group (recommendations to achieve best practice in the child protection and family justice systems: special guardianship orders) report of June 2020.
- Child arrangements orders – applications
- Enforcement of child arrangements orders
- Special guardianship orders – use of and effect
- Case law developments
- Consideration of the impact of Re P- S (2018) and subsequent developments
- Special guardianship or section 8 orders – what are the differences?
- Assessments, timescales and support
- Processes and procedures – special guardianship amendment regulation in England and Wales
- Impact of the Public Law Working Group Recommendations to achieve best practice in the child protection and family justice systems: special guardianship orders report of June 2020