Webinars by Practice Area
Solicitors and Client Costs Disputes
Recorded on: 02/07/2021
Clients aren’t what they used to be. They resent being asked to contribute to the costs of their own solicitor and a cottage industry has developed to challenge deductions from damages. This wide-ranging review will look at a variety of problems including:
- The validity of damages-based agreements
- Informed consent after Herbert
- The story so far with Belsner
- How much information must I give the client?
- Can I charge more than I estimated?
- What documents can a client insist be provided?
- How does my costs budget affect what I can bill my client?