Webinars by Practice Area
Satisfaction and Ademption in Wills
Recorded on: 17/07/2020
In this webinar, Roman Kubiak looks at the law of satisfaction and ademption in the context of wills and testamentary dispositions including the key principles which apply, legal presumptions and rebutting the presumption and evidence.
Roman considers the relevant statute and case law as well as the different species of “satisfaction”, specifically:
- satisfaction of legacies by portions (a form of ademption);
- satisfaction of portion-debts by legacies or portions;
- satisfaction of debts by legacies; and
- satisfaction of legacies by legacies.
The webinar concludes with practical steps and pointers for practitioners including drafting tips.
By the end of the webinar practitioners will have the tools necessary to know:
- how to identify the extent to which satisfaction applies and / or a gift has been adeemed;
- what to do in cases of conflict; and
- relevant practical steps.