Webinars by Practice Area
Running domestic abuse law cases
Recorded on: 26/01/2024
Applications for personal protection orders have increased significantly over the last few years. They have to be dealt with swiftly and comprehensively, ensuring that all aspects of domestic abuse are recognised and addressed appropriately, often in a short timeframe.
This webinar looks at the nuts and bolts of non-molestation and occupation orders and the other forms of personal protection available through domestic violence protection orders, the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, as well as the changes brought about by the Domestic Abuse Act 2021.
- Running cases under the Family Law Act 1996
- Essential criteria for non-molestation orders and occupation orders
- Applying for orders
- Use of standard forms and the FL401 template when drafting orders
- Enforcement and civil and criminal sanctions
- President’s Guidance on non–molestation orders, July 2023
- Injunctions and cases involving children – developments in PD12J
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and stalking protection orders
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders and FGM protection cases
- Key principles of the Domestic Abuse Act 2021
- Case law developments