Webinars by Practice Area
Running divorce and other relationship breakdown applications
Recorded on: 20/02/2024
We are now in the second year of the revamped divorce law in England and Wales.
Are you comfortable with navigating your way through online divorce and the new law? How are you handling the 20-week holding period and when are you applying for a joint, as opposed to, a sole divorce?
What is the position with a ‘disputed’ divorce? When would you pursue a nullity, or a judicial separation, rather than a divorce?
These and other questions are answered in this webinar, which looks at:
- Nullity of marriage and civil partnership
- Void and voidable marriages
- When is [Judicial] Separation relevant
- Developments in divorce processes
- Principles of the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020
- Joint applications and disputed divorces
- Seeking costs in divorce cases
- Service rules and time limits
- Progressing the divorce through the online procedure