Webinars by Practice Area
Roundup of recent cases in wills and probate
Recorded on: 15/11/2023
To discuss the outcome of recent cases in wills and probate and their impact on a practitioner’s day-to-day work.
Participants will be able to avoid traps in taking instructions and drafting wills and in undertaking estate administration.
- Testamentary capacity
- Mutual wills
- Validity of wills
- Lack of knowledge and approval
- Undue influence in making of will
- Testator’s intention when making will
- Testamentary freedom
- Applying for presumption of death certificate
- Re-sealing – retrospective effect?
- Can a beneficiary challenge a solicitor’s costs?
- When is a will not revoked by a subsequent marriage?
- How long after death can you challenge a will?
- Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependent) Act 1975 claims
- Proprietary estoppel over farmland following father’s death
- Provision of estate accounts