Webinars by Practice Area
Retail Leases in a Changing World Part 2 – Keep-Open Covenants, Tenant Insolvency and CIGA, Landlord’s Consent and Terminal Dilapidations
Recorded on: 28/01/2021
This 2-part webinar looks at the impact of increased internet shopping, lockdowns and Covid 19 on retail leases: tackling both retailers’ needs to limit outgoings and obtain future flexibility, and landlords’ needs for certainty of rental stream and good tenant mix. The 2nd of 2 sessions covers:
- More tips & traps for managing the downturn
- Change of use & alterations: landlord’s consent?
- ‘keep open’ covenants, anchor tenants & the impact on rent
- Terminal dilapidations – is there any point? Supersession & diminution post COVID
- The impact of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020;
- Landlord insolvency: lessons from the Intu administration
- Tenant insolvency: the Debenhams CVA – what landlord remedies remain?