Webinars by Practice Area
Reporting Chargeable Events in Trusts
Recorded on: 23/06/2020
- To remind practitioners of the chargeable events in the life of a trust from an IHT point of view and to help practitioners master when to report them to HMRC. No consideration will be given to the cessation of conditional exemption or chargeable events in respect of alternatively secured pensions.
- Practitioners will be able to distinguish between chargeable events which need to be reported and those which do not.
- What is a chargeable event?
- Lifetime gifts
- Ending of an interest in possession trust
- Discretionary trusts
- Assets leaving Aged 18-25 trusts
- Assets ceasing to be held on special trusts
- IHT 100
- Regulations which provide exceptions from reporting