Webinars by Practice Area
Rentcharges – where are we now?
Recorded on: 15/03/2023
As conveyancers are now well aware rentcharges have not gone away; far from it. They continue to cause confusion and delay. As the impact is totally different, it is critical to know whether an obligation to contribute to maintenance costs is an estate rentcharge or a positive covenant.
This webinar is intended to provide a recap and look at some practical issues including:
- What are rentcharges?
- What is an estate rentcharge and why are estate rentcharges used?
- Why are there problems with estate rentcharges?
- How do estate rentcharges differ from positive covenants to pay towards maintenance?
- How can I tell the difference between an estate rentcharge and a positive covenant?
- Does it matter what an obligation to pay towards maintenance is called?