Webinars by Practice Area
Regulatory Update 2020
Recorded on: 16/04/2020
With coronavirus preoccupying everyone’s waking thoughts this webinar will take advantage of the ‘regulatory forbearance’ mentioned in the Prime Minister’s recent briefing.
Nonetheless, compliance is an ever-increasing burden on practitioners and this webinar provides a simple overview of important developments in a number of areas and sets out a series of practical steps to take in response. Topics will include:
- Coronavirus update: key workers, enhanced professional needs, current steps and measures to assist us
- latest SRA guidance (including conflicts, confidentiality, honesty and integrity)
- latest position on indemnity insurance reform
- new advertising rules
- backdating signatures
- employing bogus solicitors
- failure to check client’s identity
- failure to act expeditiously
- Recent amendments – what do we need to be doing now?
- Relevant enforcement examples – eg ongoing monitoring