Webinars by Practice Area
Recovery of Success Fees in Inheritance Act Claims
Recorded on: 25/09/2020
Roman Kubiak, head of Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates at Hugh James, will discuss the recent conflicting case law on the recovery or otherwise of success fees for parties acting under Conditional Fee Arrangements in Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
Roman will look at:
- the impact of the Jackson reforms;
- the recent conflicting decisions on the recovery of success fees by claimants; and
- the likely future of funding these types of claims and recovering success fees.
By the end of the webinar, practitioners will have the tools necessary to:
- consider the effect of success fees in Inheritance Act claims; and
- potential ways to argue for or against the position.