Webinars by Practice Area
Recovery of possession from squatters
Recorded on: 14/06/2023
It has traditionally been rare that police will be persuaded to exercise their powers in cases of unlawful traveller encampments. New legislation, of wider application than ever before, now poses the question whether landowners must still incur the expense and delay of recovering possession by their own efforts.
As regards possession claims by the landowner, this webinar sets out an action plan which breaks down the court process into three distinct procedural phases, allowing realistic advice to be given on timescales and costs, and on practical issues such as removal from the site of vehicles and horses. It also considers measures for preventing repeat occupation, or at least meeting it with rapid and effective enforcement.
When a site is targeted by travellers, you cannot be too prepared, and this webinar gives you the information and practical insights you will need.
- The range of new and established police and local authority powers
- The logistics of operating the procedure as fast as possible
- The key instructions for process-servers, agents, and bailiffs
- Animals and vehicles – problems
- A three-stage template procedure for effective action