Webinars by Practice Area
Recent changes in property development Summer 2023
Recorded on: 26/07/2023
This is the second of the regular quarterly updates on recent changes in property development for 2023. This webinar will include:
- The latest on developer remediation contracts and the Responsible Actors Scheme, including the draft Building Safety (Responsible Actors Scheme and Prohibitions) Regulations 2023;
- An update on the government’s approach to cladding companies, including the Independent Review of the Construction Product Testing Regime;
- More regulations under the Building Safety Act 2022;
- Sheffield Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust v Hadfield Healthcare Partnerships Ltd – when does a contractor owe a duty of care in tort in addition to their duty in contract?
- Consultation on the Construction Industry Scheme – relevant to tenant fitting out works;
- University College London Hospitals Charity and Middlesex Annexe LLP v The Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Camden– enforcing a s106 planning obligation;
- FM Conway Ltd v Rugby Football Union  EWCA Civ 418 – insurance issues under a building contract;
- Consultation on the Infrastructure Levy;
- AHGR Ltd v Kane-Laverack – meaning of “live/work” unit;
- A reminder of the changes to judicial review under the Judicial Review and Courts Act 2022;
- Where are we when dealing with subsidy control post-Brexit?