Webinars by Practice Area
Proprietary estoppel claims
Recorded on: 14/06/2023
To distinguish proprietary estoppel claims from constructive trusts and explore their recent popularity in the farming community.
Participants will be able to identify situations where there may be a risk of a proprietary estoppel claim.
- The underlying principles – as per Lord Lewison in Davies v Davies  EWCA 463
- The constructive trust distinguished
- How to satisfy the equity raised with reference to recent cases
- Why doesn’t the claimant make a claim under the IPFD 1975 instead?
- Impact on IHT of a successful claim