Webinars by Practice Area
Problems with Evidence 2021
Available from: 12/02/2021
Every action requires witness statements; many also involve expert evidence. A flurry of recent decisions has had a real impact upon when and how admissible evidence is to be adduced.
April 2021 sees more witness statement reform. The judiciary has had enough of parties flouting the rules and stringent sanctions, including striking out, are on the agenda.This webinar looks at the recent cases and forthcoming reforms. Specific issues include:
- Costs sanctions for use of an improper expert
- Must the court accept the opinion of an unchallenged expert?
- Late evidence
- Problems with remote evidence
- The recurring errors made in witness statements
- The expert who changes their opinion late on