Webinars by Practice Area
Money Laundering Update -Spring 2020
Recorded on: 17/03/2020
Almost three years on and amid much turmoil in the regulatory sector, the profession’s attempts to comply with anti-money laundering obligations continues. This spring 2020 update considers the basics of the legislative regime and explores the approach of the SRA in particular to the implementation and effectiveness of the regime introduced in the 2017 regulations. It also includes an update on what they have found as a result of their investigations into law firms’ procedures undertaken throughout 2019. It also considers the amendments introduced by the 2019 regulations, which came into force on 10 January 2020.
Topics covered include:
- Key PoCA duties and legislative risks
- Cybercrime overlaps
- The attitude of NCA to suspicious activity reports – how should they be drafted?
- Key inclusions of the MLTF Regulations 2017
- Key amendments introduced by 5MLD and the 2019 Regulations
- Risk assessments – the three layers: treasury, SRA and law firms
- SRA investigations
- CDD – the key aspects to focus on
- New duties in relation to companies
- ‘New’ PEP provisions
- Are electronic searches the way forward?
- Other considerations – ongoing monitoring