Webinars by Practice Area
Medical and related expert evidence after Muyepa v MoD
Recorded on: 08/03/2023
It is rare that a judgment emerges which is bound to have a profound impact upon the way that claims are prepared and pursued. The decision of Cotter J in Muyepa v Ministry of Defence  EWHC 2648 is one of those exceptional cases. After a 12 day trial involving nearly 30 witnesses of fact and 10 experts, we have an authority which is bound to be cited for years to come. None of the claimant experts escaped criticism. Where did it all go wrong?
Aspects covered in this webinar include:
- Lessons for care experts
- Problems with medical experts
- Bias and a failure to be impartial
- The assessment of factual evidence
- Fundamental dishonesty
- How to handle dealings with your experts
- Should single joint experts be used more often?