Webinars by Practice Area
Lost The Will! Lost Wills – Practice and Procedure
Recorded on: 28/05/2020
Roman Kubiak will talk practitioners through the law on lost wills including the presumptions which apply, the latest relevant case law and procedure, both in the Probate Registry and High Court for those either looking to put lost wills to probate or defending such applications.
Roman will look at particular examples including:
- cases where there are doubts over capacity and intention to revoke;
- practical steps for parties including navigating the Non-Contentious Probate Rules 1987;
- destruction by mistake;
- costs; and
- the future of lost wills.
By the end of the talk practitioners will have the tools necessary to know:
- the circumstances in which a lost will may be deemed to have been revoked and whether it can be put to probate;
- the legal presumptions which apply in particular circumstances; and
- the relevant legal procedure both in the Probate Registry and High Court.