Webinars by Practice Area
Local Authority Parallel Planning Fostering and Adoption Processes – Current Practice 2020
Recorded on: 11/11/2020
This course will provide an insight into the key developments surrounding this area of law, encompassing relevant case law and statutory provisions. There will be a consideration of the changes as a result of Covid-19, particularly to the Statutory Guidance and the changes brought about by The Adoption and Children (Coronavirus) (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations 2020.
The course will be relevant for those of you acting for parents, extended family members, local authorities and children.
The key areas to be covered will include the following:
- Parallel Planning – How and Why?
- Understanding Panels and when does the case need to go to the ADM, rather than to Panel?
- Fostering and Assessments
- Care Planning Regulations – Understanding how they fit together
- Placement with Parents – Are we complying with the correct regulations?
- Placement with Family Members -Temporary Approval – How does that work?
- Revocation of Placement Orders and Leave to oppose Adoption – Leading Case Law
- Local Authority Processes and Procedures
- How the Statutory Duties have changed as result of Covid-19
- Changes brought about by The Adoption and Children (Coronavirus) (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations 2020