Webinars by Practice Area
Lies, exaggeration and fundamental dishonesty
Recorded on: 09/11/2021
It was Lord Justice Ward who said in a memorable judgment that “lies are told every day “ in courts throughout the jurisdiction. This webinar will look at the legal consequences of such impropriety. Issues include:
- Must fraud be pleaded?
- Fundamental dishonesty in injury claims
- What happens if dishonesty is identified in non-injury claims
- Costs consequences when fraud is wrongly alleged?
- Can the dishonest element of a claim be excised so that the remainder proceeds?
- Contempt proceedings under the new CPR 81
- Can anything be done about alleged dishonesty under a pre-action protocol?