Webinars by Practice Area
Lease Extension and Enfranchisement – Review and Update
Recorded on: 27/05/2020
The Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners has reported a significant increase in interest in lease extension during the coronavirus lockdown. This webinar reviews the impact of recent cases on lease extension and enfranchisement as well as the impact – if any – coronavirus may have on lease extension and enfranchisement:
- Acquisition of ‘common parts’: the view from the Court of Appeal in LM Homes v Queens Court
- Flats and ‘self-contained’ buildings: the appeals in Alford v Grosvenor and Palgrave v Consensus
- Drafting notices and counter-notices, signatures and service during lockdown: the role of the ALEP protocol
- Applications to the FTT and County Court: why statutory deadlines are still critical – email applications, fee payments, suspensions and remote hearings?
- Law Commission and DCLG: where are we now with reform?