Webinars by Practice Area
Insolvency 2020: Advising the company director during Covid-19
Available from: 09/11/2020
The catastrophic impact of Covid-19 on many businesses has thrust insolvency to the fore, putting huge pressure on company directors. At the same time, the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act became law in June, introducing both short-term and long-term changes to insolvency practice.
This course will look at this subject through the lens of the company director and examine the advice that professionals need to be giving to directors when insolvency issues are potentially looming. The webinar will bring matters totally up to date by looking at how the Act changes your advice.
What will be covered :
* De jure, de facto and shadow directors – what are the legal differences and how could this affect your advice?
- What duties are placed on the company director when insolvency is looming?
- What are the options available to the company director and what are the differences depending on the particular insolvency regime?
- Advising on the risks of personal liability
- Director disqualification – keeping up to speed with an ever-developing area
* What are the powers and duties of an insolvency practitioner in relation to a company director?
The emphasis throughout will be on advice which those viewing the webinar can use in their everyday practice.
This course is presented by solicitor and licensed insolvency practitioner Stephen Allinson, who is also the chairman of the board of the Insolvency Service. Stephen is a very popular speaker and presenter on corporate insolvency and related sectors.