Webinars by Practice Area
How The Latest Costs Rulings Affect Your Practice
Recorded on: 02/12/2020
There has been no lockdown when it comes to costs rulings in the second half of 2020. Instead, we have seen a vintage crop of significant decisions that have major implications for the costs you recover and the funding arrangements you have in place. Among the topics covered in this webinar are:
- Belsner: What does it mean for deductions from damages?
- Damages-based agreements head to the Court of Appeal
- Understanding one of the most significant part 36 rulings for years
- Glover v Barker: ordering costs against litigation friends
- Wasted costs: what amounts to negligent and unreasonable conduct? Failing to pass on a settlement offer? Bringing a claim the court did not have jurisdiction to hear?
- The obligation to revise budgets under new CPR 3.15A
- Where are we with the costs reform agenda?
- Telefonica; more Part 36 guidance from the Court of Appeal.