Webinars by Practice Area
How much is the employment tribunal claim worth?
Recorded on: 21/06/2023
This webinar deals with calculating compensation for unfair dismissal and discrimination claims in the Employment Tribunals. It will help you to fix a benchmark for negotiation and settlement. It also provides guidance on the issues if a case goes to a remedies hearing.
Among the questions it will deal with are:
- when is the tribunal likely to order reinstatement or re-engagement?
- how are the basic award and compensatory awards calculated?
- what evidence is needed to determine whether the claimant has fulfilled the duty to mitigate?
- how does a Polkey reduction operate?
- when can there be an uplift for failure to comply with the Acas Code of Practice?
- what should be contained in a schedule of loss?
- what are the rules relating to recoupment of benefit and how do they affect the negotiation process?
- how do you deal with pension loss in calculating compensation?
- how do you determine the likely award for injury to feelings in a discrimination case?
- what is the position in relation to interest and taxation?