Webinars by Practice Area
How Much Is The Employment Tribunal Claim Worth?
Available from: 24/03/2021
This webinar deals with calculating compensation for unfair dismissal and discrimination claims in the Employment Tribunals. It will help you to fix a benchmark for negotiation and settlement. It also provides guidance on the issues if a case goes to a remedies hearing.
Among the questions it will deal with are:
- when is the tribunal likely to order reinstatement or re-engagement?
- what evidence is needed to determine whether the claimant has fulfilled the duty to mitigate?
- how is the basic award calculated?
- how is the compensatory award calculated?
- what should be contained in a schedule of loss and is a counter schedule necessary?
- how do the rules relating to recoupment of benefit affect the negotiation process?
- how do you deal with pension loss in calculating compensation?
- how do you determine the likely award for injury to feelings in a discrimination case?
- what is the position in relation to taxation of awards and settlements?