Webinars by Practice Area
Guidance in Running Cohabitation Cases – Working through the Maze
Recorded on: 26/05/2021
As more people opt to cohabit rather than marry or enter into a civil partnership, family lawyers are increasingly called upon to advise on cohabitation disputes.
What is the significance of a ‘common law’ wife?
Does the court start with an equal divide when deciding on the assets?
How are the procedural elements different in the CPR from the FPR?
How does schedule 1 CA 1989 fit into trusts of land disputes?
These and other questions will be explored and answered in this webinar, with particular focus on:
- Cohabitation issues
- Use of cohabitation contracts/agreements
- Steps to take pre–proceedings
- Joint tenancies and tenancies in common: Why is this relevant?
- Trusts law and cohabitation
- Proprietary estoppel
- Equitable accounting and occupation rent: What does this all mean?
- Civil procedure and trusts of land
- Relationship with schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- Family and civil procedure rules