Webinars by Practice Area
Getting to grips with running divorce cases under the new law
Recorded on: 28/02/2023
This webinar will answer some of the key questions when running divorce cases, such as:
- Are you familiar with the significant changes to divorce law that came into effect in 2021?
- What is the purpose of the 20 week period before applying for a Conditional Order?
- What is the difference between defending and disputing a divorce?
- In what circumstances can you still claim costs for divorces?
- When would you lodge a sole rather than a joint application?
- Can the same solicitor act for both parties on a divorce?
- Key principles of the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020: what has changed regarding divorce law and procedure?
- Joint applications: how do these work and why is this such an important innovation?
- What should practitioners be doing in the 20 week period?
- Issues over service, time periods, and service outside of jurisdiction
- What is the position with costs under the new law?
- What is the difference between a ‘defended’ divorce and a ‘disputed’ divorce under the new law?
- Dealing with refusal applications
- How are people dealing with aspects of behaviour if they are not being relied upon within divorce proceedings?
- Updates to divorce matters in 2023