Webinars by Practice Area
Recorded on: 13/02/2021
This area of law continues to see a series of significant developments ranging from the provisions of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement to the new draft EU standard clauses as well as recent ICO enforcement action and guidance. This webinar examines all the key recent developments and suggests a series of practical steps to be taken in response.
Topics for discussion will include:
International transfers of data post transition period
- What is the position re data transfers under Art. FINPROV 10A of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement?
- How long will this arrangement last for?
Appointment of representatives
- Who needs to do this?
- What steps need to be taken?
Draft EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- What are the key changes?
- When will they be finalised?
- What is the impact on the existing SCCs?
Subject access requests
- New ICO guidance provides clarification on ‘clarification’
- Recent case law on the motivation of requests and the interpretation of ‘relevant filing system’
Controllers and processors
- Draft guidance from the European Data Protection Board
- New ICO code of practice
- Summary of recent developments