Webinars by Practice Area
GDPR – international transfers, enforcement and proposed changes
Recorded on: 15/11/2021
This webinar summarises all the recent developments in respect of both the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 with particular emphasis on the Government’s consultation on changes to GDPR, ‘Unleashing data’s power’, which closes on 19th November.
Topics will include:
UK GDPR v EU GDPR
- What are the differences between them and which applies to UK controllers?
- Do UK controllers need to appoint a representative in the EEA?
- To what extent can representatives be liable?
- EU Adequacy decision in respect of the UK
- New EU standard contractual clauses
- ICO consultation on international data transfer agreements
- What is the latest position in respect of the E-Privacy Regulation?
- Can compensation be awarded in respect of ‘loss of control over personal data’?
- What is the latest position on the Lloyd v Google case?
- What fines have been levied in other jurisdictions?
- What enforcement action has the ICO taken to date?
- Changes to the accountability framework
- Removal of requirements to appoint a DPO and carry out a data protection impact assessment
- Extend the GDPR enforcement regime to breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Extend the soft opt-in to non-commercial organisations
- Removal of the rules on automated decision-making and profiling (Article 22)
- Changes to the threshold for reporting security breaches
- Removal of consent requirements for website cookies