Webinars by Practice Area
Financial remedies, cohabitation and marital breakdown 2021
Recorded on: 13/10/2021
This webinar will provide detail on developments in these areas of family law and practice, encompassing up-to-date case law and statutory provisions. 2021 has seen progress towards online divorce and the developments of cases following the COVID–19 pandemic and the Barder implications.
Topics covered include:
- Developments in divorce processes
- Online divorce – are you complying with the new provisions?
- Material non-disclosure and impact
- Impact of COVID–19 to financial remedy cases and whether a Barder event – consideration of HW v WW [2021 EWFC B20] and FRB v DCA (No. 3) [2020 EWHC 3696] (Fam)
- Conduct issues in financial remedy cases and implications of FRB v DCA [No.2] [2020 EWHC 754] (Fam)
- PD 36V – family mediation voucher scheme
- Continuing developments in the use of arbitration and use of Re A v A (Arbitration: Guidance) [2021 EWHC 1889] (Fam)
- Position with publicity of judgments following Barclay v Barclay [2021 EWFC 40]
- Cohabitation and estoppel – consideration of AMOUTREUIL v ANDREEWITCH and Another [2020 EWHC 2068] (Fam)
- Schedule 1 claims and Re C (A Child) [2021 EWFC 32]