Webinars by Practice Area
Family Law: Case Law and Statutory Advancements 2021
Available from: 16/12/2021
2021 has continued to be an incredibly busy year for legal developments in the field of family law. Practitioners have continued to embrace further ways of working, with an increased use of technology, such as online portals. They have seen the implementation of the Domestic Abuse Act 2021, as well as the development of the online divorce platform which has become mandatory in many cases. The Public Law Working Party has reported on the greater and more efficient running of care cases and the use of Scott Schedules in children cases is being revised. There are also new forms, including the New Form FL401 and Template.
This webinar will provide a comprehensive round up of these many developments, including the following:
- Committal (New Form FC600): What has changed?
- Impact of the Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020
- The online divorce and financial remedy process
- Impact of Covid on financial remedy cases and Barder events
- Specific issue applications and vaccinations
- Developments surrounding deprivation of liberty applications
- Developments surrounding the Domestic Abuse Act 2021: The current position and what has changed
- Non-molestation and occupation orders: – New FL401 and FL401 Template
- Participation directions: What has changed?
- Removal of parental responsibility and termination of contact: Consideration of D v E (termination of parental responsibility)  EWFC 37
- Scott Schedules in fact finding hearings: Are you following Re H-N and Others(children) (domestic abuse: finding of fact hearings) 2021 EWCA Civ 448?
- Care orders and special guardianship: Consideration of Re F and G(Discharge of Special Guardianship Order) 2021 EWCA Civ 622
- Public Law Working Group (Recommendations to achieve best practice in the child protection and family justice systems – 2021 report and Implications)
- Leave to oppose adoption applications and developments