Webinars by Practice Area
Family law and practice for new entrants
Recorded on: 21/07/2023
This is an introductory webinar for new practitioners, or those moving to family law from other disciplines, trainees, support staff, paralegals or those returning after a career break and require a refresher.
The webinar will cover both theory and practice and include the following:
- Summary of the Family Procedure Rules 2010 and how they are used
- Use of standard documents – what is available?
- Taking instructions, funding and initial steps
- Key principles of divorce and dissolution
- Online and paper applications
- Domestic abuse and steps to take – what remedies are available?
- Financial aspects following relationship breakdown
- Resolving financial aspects for married parties and civil partners
- Cohabitation and unmarried party disputes – what are the remedies and procedure?
- Private children law disputes over ‘live with’ and ‘spend time with’
- Local authority involvement and care cases