Webinars by Practice Area
Extension of the Disclosure Pilot Scheme
Recorded on: 13/04/2021
The Disclosure Pilot Scheme has been extended again. The brainchild of the new Master of the Rolls, Sir Geoffrey Vos QC, there can be little doubt that it is here to stay, even though research last year saw litigators express dissatisfaction with how it was working. As a result of that report, the rule committee has approved changes to PD 51U and the Disclosure Review Document that litigators need to be on top of. There have also been several recent rulings testing various aspects of the scheme.
This webinar will review the case law to date, the changes being made and will also look at mainstream decisions about disclosure:
- What constitutes a known adverse document?
- When is such material to be disclosed?
- Can specific disclosure be ordered since it isn’t mentioned in the pilot?
- Limiting the use of the Disclosure Review Document.
- Is an attachment privileged ?
- Unambiguous impropriety and the January 2021 ruling in Motorola
- Probable further reforms coming this year