Webinars by Practice Area
Executing documents using electronic signatures
Recorded on: 21/03/2022
The law on electronic signatures is set out in the common law, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and in Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 (the eIDAS Regulation) which continues to apply post-Brexit.
This webinar will review the content of the existing law, will summarise the relevant guidance from the Law Society and Law Commission and will examine additional changes made to certain areas of the law in the light of covid 19.
Topics will include:
- contracts that require a signature
- different types of electronic signatures
- analysis of relevant case law
- admissibility of electronic signatures under ss7-8 of the Electronic Communications Act 2000
- definition and effect of ‘electronic signatures’ under the eIDAS Regulation
- alterations to the rules on signing and witnessing wills
- changes in respect of HM Land Registry rules