Webinars by Practice Area
EU Succession Regulation – developments affecting British nationals resident in the EU
Recorded on: 21/03/2023
To identify and explain common succession problems which can arise when a British client has cross border connections within the EU. Also, to demonstrate the practical effect and use of the EU Succession Regulation and how it has been affected by recent events.
Participants will be able to advise British nationals habitually resident in an EU member state on how it is likely the EU Succession Regulation will impact on the succession to their estate.
- Connecting factors re-visited
- Succession rules under EU Succession Regulation
- Rules as to jurisdiction – recent relevance in Germany
- British nationals’ position – one will or multiple wills?
- Article 913 French Civil Code – deaths on or after 1 November 2021