Webinars by Practice Area
Estate Rentcharges – Where Are We Now?
Recorded on: 03/02/2021
As conveyancers are now well aware Rentcharges have not gone away; far from it. They continue to cause confusion and delay. Now that the dust has settled a little this webinar will provide a recap and look at some practical issues including:
- What are Rentcharges and who must pay the rentcharge?
- What is an Estate Rentcharge and why are Estate Rentcharges used?
- How do Estate Rentcharges differ from Positive Covenants to pay towards maintenance?
- How can I tell the difference between an Estate Rentcharge and a Positive Covenant?
- Does it matter what an obligation to pay towards maintenance is called?
- Why are there problems with Estate Rentcharges?
- Lenders Requirements