Webinars by Practice Area
Drafting and Amending Service Charge Clauses in Commercial Leases
Recorded on: 23/03/2020
Unlike in the case of residential tenants, there are no statutory protections for commercial tenants when it comes to service charge clauses – it’s up to you what you agree and then what you have to pay for. This webinar focuses on the main issues to look out for, including:
- Defining the services – does the landlord have to carry them out?
- The impact of MEES (Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard)
- What should the tenant not have to pay for?
- How is the tenant’s payment proportion calculated?
- The overlap with insurance provisions
- The service charge mechanism – things to look out for