Webinars by Practice Area
Domestic abuse and injunctions: how to run such cases successfully
Recorded on: 23/01/2023
This webinar will look at the many developments in recent years regarding injunctions applied for within family law cases, and answer common questions such as:
- What is the time frame for the return date?
- What does the exclusion zone mean when it comes to non-molestation-orders?
- What is the effect of power of arrest, and when can the court not accept an undertaking?
- Should you apply under the Family Law Act, Protection from Harassment Act, Children Act, or some other provision?
- How do you ensure that the order is clear enough to avoid problems later on?
The webinar will comprise the following elements:
- When the Family Law Act 1996 is applicable
- The essential criteria of Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
- Use of standard forms and the FL401 template
- When to pursue civil rather than criminal sanctions
- Injunctions and cases involving children, Practice Direction 12J and guidance when children are victims of domestic abuse
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and how this is relevant to family lawyers
- When you should plead economic and financial abuse
- When to use narrative statements
- Forced marriage and FGM protection cases
- A summary of the Domestic Abuse Act 2020
- Developments in case law