Webinars by Practice Area
Cybercrime and fraud 2022
Recorded on: 01/02/2022
During the pandemic, fraud and cybercrime have expanded exponentially to become the key risks to today’s professional firms. Much has been done over the last few years to tighten up our systems, procedures and approaches, but more can still be done.
How do we ensure that our internal systems are as ring-fenced as possible and our staff are working within the confines and disciplines required?
What of our alertness to fraudsters who pretend to be people they are not?
As the Home Office says in its third AML Risk Assessment ‘professionals must all remain vigilant to the persistent and frequent attempts of criminals, fraudsters and terrorists to exploit vulnerabilities in their systems’.
Fee-earning and administrative staff would both benefit from this updating webinar which considers:
- An outline of the most common frauds and scams
- Pandemic-related risks
- Key factors to consider in internet-based frauds
- Recent examples of breaches
- Cyber Essentials as a remedy
- Personal ID fraud – the latest developments
- CQS, and other measures to offset it
- GDPR implications
- What to do if you fall victim